ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 21, 2011

once in a lifetime experience...

Baby Shands:

your father and I were priveleged to have a private scan on yesterday and here is how it went:

First of all, the ultrasound tech thought that I was ten weeks along, and was unsure that since I was only 8w, 1 day whether or not we would be able to see you with the abdominal probe. Well, my child, being the overachiever you are, you wowed us again as we saw you flipping and trying to move away because you did not want to be seen. I guess you were feeling like, "didnt you just see me yesterday?" lol as we had an ultrasound with the doctor on friday morning. The tech was so amused with you. She cheered you on.."great job little peanut".. she even ventured to see if she could see you on 4d and we did, although very small on there. Baby Shands we found that you had moved from my right side to my left and are burrowed down low in my pelvis, which is why I had been having sharp cramps a little this week. I will certainly be glad when you grow and move upward, although I know that where you are at this time is considered normal. I do not know if we excited or upset you or you are just very busy because your heart rate was a shocking 171 beats per minute, and with 180 being the highest at this timeframe, that is pretty high. But all in all, we are glad to hear your heart and know that it is strong. We recorded your heartbeat and put the recorder into two differnt stuffed animals. One for mommy and daddy to keep and listen to and one for your big sisters, so when we tell them about you they can keep. I slept with mine last night. I cannot wait to meet you sweet baby. Mommy cried for the first time at an ultrasound yesterday. You never cease to amaze me my child. In so many ways, it feels like you are trying to tell me not to worry. I wont dear child...

As far as the ultrasound on friday with the doctor that went well also. His machine does not allow you to hear the heart, but we saw it, flickering away faster than the first time we saw it. Your father and I were so amazed at how much you had grown since the first ultrasound. We could see the umbilical cord and see your little body strectching and forming. I cannot wait to see you in a few more weeks. I hear by then that you will actually have a baby profile and look just like a little baby instead of the cutest little tadpole that you are now. We love you anyhow :)

Before I go I also want to say, that you are making a lot of people suspicious early on sweet child. My pregnant glow, rounding face and already rounding out belly (yes surprise I am rounding early) is bringing lots of questions. I no longer have anything that hides the shape of my belly so new clothing will be due soon. Although to me my stomach is not much bigger, it IS round and harder. even wearing two shirts does nothing to hide it, as it did when I had a general pudge in the past from needing to lose weight. This is a whole different ball game. The old ladies have a saying that my hair dresser shared with me.. they say that "when you tell, you show"... I guess that may be true for me... Yet I enjoy every second of people guessing and looking hard at my stomach :)

Love mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment