ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

reflections...

March 8- 1:50 am

HAPPY 37 WEEKS BEAUTIFUL...

you are free to come at any moment now, although I doubt you will. Although I know you are excited to meet us, I think you are somewhat cozy inside of me, and will bake just a little while longer. I do not want to be induced chemically though, so I pray you make haste before it gets to that point... either way, I am excited to meet you and so is your dad and everyone else involved... Good news! I got all of my assignments wrapped up for my graduate school classes before you came, which was what I was praying. I am now awaiting grades. It feels good to have made it this far in school and now I get to break for 2 months or more to spend time with you and focus on work and home... I especially love the fact that I get to be your mom and not worry about homework... just spend time getting to know you and cuddle with you and your father. He is dying to meet you by the way. He always talks to you, rubs you and he is at every last appointment I ever have, each and every week. Each time I feel a pain or contraction, his eyes light up like a Christmas tree... he cannot wait for you to break out and be free...

its ironic that today, March 8, you are full term... let me tell you a little story. 4 years ago today, your father and I laid eyes on each other after we had met on the campus of NC Central University years ago. We could not stop looking at each other. Your father ended up asking me out that night, after a long conversation at a basketball game that neither of us paid attention to. He drove over an hour that night to pick me up from my duplex and we had a wonderful dinner, lots of conversation and shared many memories looking at college year books. We watched movies and your father did not leave my house untill the wee hours of the morning. It was like we had not missed a beat! He kissed me good bye and we were glued at the hip ever since. It was true love... now we await to feel that love again, as we wait for you to take your first breath... 4 years ago, I would have never known I would be sitting here today, waiting to birth my first child.

Happiness, is where I am at this very moment :) :) :)
we love you

mom and dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment