before I forget here is what has been going on thus far...
during the two week wait I did the following:
2 dpo- almost had an emotional meltdown due to the waiter at my favorite restaurant pissing me off about my onion allergy. He insisted on not cooking my food on the Hibachi grill and messing up my dining experience and when I got done with him, my food was certifiably GRILLED... I felt like stomping off to the bathroom and crying my heart out... NOT LIKE ME! When I got home, I was burned out... had to sleep.
5 dpo- bad cramps started.. so bad I could not sleep the whole night... I assume this was when baby implanted in my uterus.. I still have cramps til this day, but they are a lot less frequent and a lot less painful. I know they are growing pains as my uterus stretches for baby. and the back pain started then too... and it was just as bad.. still have it on occassion if I need to sit down. I think it serves as a reminder I am pregnant.
7 dpo- the bumps on my areola sprung white heads!!! WTH??? A good pregnant friend of mine said her doc told her its the oil glands in the breast preparing for breast feeding. I pray this means a good milk supply in my future, as I DO plan to nurse Baby Shands the first few months.
7-8 dpo- Baby Shands showed me they did NOT care for spicy foods like mom does... WICKED heartburn after eating jalapeno chips!
9 dpo- the start of fatigue.. wiped out!!! slept til 1230 noon and then took another hour to get out of bed... watched scooby doo in the master suite.
around 9 dpo- I had a crazy pain near my right side of my rib cage under my breasts if I moved too much or laughed too hard... it went away after I tested positive.
10 dpo- weird dreams... started dreaming of deceased love ones
12 dpo- positive test!!!!! second line popped up before the control line could finish. Line was not a faint one. First beta indicated I was pregnant at 36.. second one two days later tripled in 24 hours (140) and then saturday July 23, my final beta blood test revealed a rise to 408.. there is some identical twin speculation going on...
other things I always want to remember...
- Stephen babying me.. he wont let me do anything strenous, drive alone past a two hour trip (after that he must drive) and he checks my fruit to make sure its not rotting. He is excited to be a father again and rubs my stomach every morning he wakes up ( I am usually still asleep). He also talks to the baby before bed each night and kisses my stomach good night... It feels really funny to feel his voice vibrate through my tummy. I cant wait til the day the baby identifies his voice.
- I play lots of Jazz and Gospel music when I am relaxing and studying.. I think the jazz has helped me get all A's thus far. I wonder if the baby will love jazz.. I plan to make classical and jazz cd's to play so they can sleep after they are born.
- The excitement around us is contagious! so far we have 4 baby showers on the books lol
- Although the twins do not know, the whole weekend me and Kianna have been spending together, she has been around my stomach A LOT.. a few minutes ago, she even rubbed my tummy. She lays across it gently and seems to be aware someone is growing in there.. kids are something else!
- I have a strong feeling Baby Shands is a BOY and so does everyone who knows about the baby. I also feel he will be extremely close to Kianna after he is born.
- When I walk outside, my chest gets tight.. I know the heat and humidity is not good for my asthma so I stay indoors a lot these days. I get bored, but I want to do whats best for baby. I take my vitamins everyday, take baby aspirin to avoid clotting, drink kefir to lessen the chances of yeast infection and to keep the bacteria in order in my body and I also have started drinking cranberry juice again (which I love) to avoid a UTI..
- My appetite is starting to come back as of last night... it had disappered and I would only eat after I was starving because nothing sounded good. If i DID eat it was meat and cheese... I found the italian sausage and peppers at golden corral to be delectable yesterday... I craved a turkey and cheese grilled sandwich today and it was SCRUMPTIOUS! Shout out to Baby Shands for giving mom her appetite back. Now if only I could get this baby to eat some veggies... just like dad already. And I LOVED veggies before I got pregnant.
- Stephen and Kianna have shown lots of sympathy pregnancy symptoms. they are both eating up everything and sleeping for me. Kianna slept with me til about 10 am this morning and then she ate breakfast and said she wanted to take another nap.. we are both about to retire to the bed, soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment